Full Time Chef Position Available
Sea View Golf Club in Cottesloe is looking for an experienced chef to fill a very special position.
This full-time position will service our members on a daily basis, providing pub meals, snack food and breakfast.
You will also work with the Functions Manager to cater for all types of functions. Weddings, wakes, birthdays and golfing events are just some of the functions you will be covering. Must be able to handle preparing canapes, buffet food and plated meals for up to 200 people with assistance.
Most of the time you will have the kitchen to yourself so being able to work independently is a must for this position. You will be responsible running of the kitchen. Must be able to work flexible hours.
· Preparation of sandwiches and pub style food
Prepare all styles of food for functions.
Delegate and give directions to other chefs in the kitchen when working events.
· Handle, sort, store and distribute food items
· Order stock to a budget, manage supplier invoices and budgets
· Preform stocktakes and manage food wastage
· Cleaning & maintaining kitchen equipment to a high standard
· Being able to work independently and autonomously
· Ensure work, health and safety in the workplace is best practice
· Ensure food preparation is timely and of a high standard
· Maintain a positive and professional approach at all times
Previous experience in a similar position would be highly regarded. Experience in past function work will be highly regarded when applying for this position.
Pay is dependent on the successful applicant's level of experience but is based on the Registered & Licensed Clubs Award 2010. Function hours will be paid separately to normal service.
Applicants wanting visa sponsorship or live in please do not apply. We are looking for a long term employee, 6 moths visa please do not apply.
Please address your cover letter to Teena Chand, House and Functions Manager and email to firstname.lastname@example.org