Events this month
Book now by emailing Jenny firstname.lastname@example.org
Tables of 10 or more will receive a FREE bottle of wine!
See Jenny in the office or email her at
for more information or to make a booking
Head Professional - Managing Secretary Tristan McCallum
TERM 3 JUNIOR CLASSES
Term 3 junior classes start on Thursday the 23rd of July and run for 7 weeks.
The cost is $99 per child and run from 4:30pm - 5:30pm. Classes are already 50% full.
Bookings can be made through the
Pro Shop on 9384 8879.
News from the Bar Bar Manager - Jenny
I hope the members who attended the Club's happy hour sessions last month really enjoyed themselves! It was great to see the Club so busy and full of life. We will be working on creating some great food and drink specials over the coming weeks to keep up the momentum.
Due to covid we are experiencing issues with supply of some of our stocked items. Some items you may be missing are the Carlton mid, Cricketers session ale, Guinness and both Flametree Rose and Cab Sav. Please note these items are not discontinued. We are hoping to restock these items in the coming weeks.
We have introduced a new mid strength tap beer so we can offer at least 2 mid strength options on the taps. We will also be receiving a rose next week which will be a promotional wine of the month. I'll make sure to keep members updated on our range, but please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or recommendations.
NEW BEER ON TAP
Great Northern Super Crisp 3.5%
With its fruity aroma, low bitterness and clean, crisp finish, it's the ultimate refreshment. Brewed in Queensland with Australian pale malt, lager yeast and a light stable hop and malt extract to produce a refreshing, crisp beer without compromising on taste.
A snapshot from some of our members enjoying the member's happy hour!
Craig Mc Gown
Bad Golf Jokes
Question: “You think my golfing is improving?”
Answer: “Yes, you miss a lot closer now”
Question: “Why are computers so good at golf?”
Answer: “Because they have hard drives”
Question: “Why do golfers hate cake?”
Answer: “Because they always get slices”
How beautiful is this photo of our Clubhouse that Ray Wilson took last week!
Managing Secretary - Tristan McCallum
Very privileged to have won, the 2019 Hilary Lawler Club Professional of Year for the 2nd year running. These awards were cancelled in March due to the severity of Covid 19 but the PGA and Golf WA have done a fantastic job in presenting them tonight virtually. Although I couldn’t accept this and thank everyone in person, I’d like to do so through social platforms.
- To the Lawler family, thank you once again for the honour of this award. I was lucky enough to have met Hilary and also play numerous rounds with him as a junior. His love for the game and patience was nothing short of amazing. A true gentlemen and he represented what the PGA is all about.
- To the Sea View Golf Club members and board, your support over the last 5 years has been amazing. I am extremely blessed to have a club that supports myself and my family and also honoured that you have now appointed me the manager of your golf club.
- To the PGA, thank you for your efforts throughout the 2019 year and also the hard work you have done and are still doing through this pandemic. Special thank you to the WA team of Broc, Aimee, Kim and David
- My beautiful wife Kara and children Cailin and Scarlett. Thank you for putting up with me. Some days are long hours and I may not always be around at the right time but you’re completely understanding at all times. Love you xox
- To Dave for the nomination. We’ve worked closely for many years now on numerous projects. Your help and guidance has been nothing short of amazing and your help is greatly appreciated.
Sea View would like to give a big shout out to our Seahorse Squadron and it's volunteers who managed to pull up 100 green and fairway sprinklers from the course at Glen Iris golf course which is currently being decommissioned.
Special thanks to the following members
We would also like to thank Gary and Ray from Turf Master for all their efforts in leading the way to this great deal for the Club.
News from the Bar Bar Manager - Jenny
4 X Happy Hour Sessions
Sea View Golf Club members will be able to approach the bar between the hours below and enjoy yourselves on us. That's right, you read correctly...we will be covering the bill and you won't pay a cent.
Wednesday 24th of June - 4pm to 6pm
Thursday 25th of June - 1:30pm to 3:30pm
Friday 26th of June - 4pm to 6pm
Saturday 27th of June - 4pm to 6pm
Jenny will be making a special secret recipe red mulled wine to tickle your fancy in this winter weather
Welcome new members!
Can you help? Portraits by Norman Aisbett
The committee room has been cleaned up and organised and during that process the Ladies found these amazing portraits by Norman Aisbett.
We have been told that they are portraits of past captains. Although we managed to find some names on the drawings and some on the back of the frame there are still four which we cannot name and one where we can only find the first name.
If you recognise any of these people please let us know.
Norman Aisbett - A self portrait by the talented artist.
Bad Golf Joke
A little girl was at her first golf lesson when she asked an interesting question…
Q: “Is the word spelled P-U-T or P-U-T-T?” She asked her instructor.
A: “P-U-T-T is correct,” the instructor replied.
“P-U-T means to place a thing where you want it. “P-U-T-T means merely a futile attempt to do the same thing.”